The immune system and our gut microbiota have a mutualistic relationship, regulating one another and cooperating to support each other. Moreover, the 70-80 % of the immune cells in the organism are found in the gut.
Supplementation with native eggshell membrane:
- Suppresses disease activity index (DAI) and colon shortening.
- Reduces intestinal inflammation.
- Restores intestinal epithelial cell proliferation.
- Increases microbiota diversity and decreases pathogenic bacteria absolute numbers such as Enterobacteriaceaea nd E. Col.i
- Avoids auto-immune and inflammatory reactions regulating Th17 cell expression.